Stichting Orgelzolders Rotterdam
p/a President Wilsonweg 48
3069 AP Rotterdam
Eric Matser, chairman/director
Jaap Brederveld, secretary
Kees Berkman, treasurer
The executive committee is professionally supported by the following volunteers:
Maarten van den Bos, webmaster
Karel Fibbe, architect, designer of the renovation of the Organ Attics
Petra Griese, guide
Henk den Haan, guide
Dilia van der Heem, coordinator
Punnika Kharas, translator for the English version
Ieneke van de Kooy, guide
Anja Matser, author, guide, gives talks about the Organ Attics
Cornelis van der Pligt, host
Christina Siever, translator German
Marijke Springeling, guide
Jan Vermeulen, guide
Els van der Wal, editor
The Organ Attics Foundation Rotterdam, hereinafter referred to as: SOR, was established on 17 February 2016. The objectives of the SOR have been laid down in the articles of association. The SOR has an ANBI recognition, which means that gifts and legacies are eligible for income tax deduction.
1. Maintaining an exhibition space and an education centre in the Breeplein Church in Rotterdam, to keep the memory of the refuge of three Jewish families in the organ attics of this church during the Second World War alive, and to obtain, collect and permanently exhibit objects, etc., that can support the achievement of these objectives.
2. The Foundation strives to achieve these objectives by legal means only, such as:
– levying entrance fees;
– raising funds;
– organizing activities and meetings;
– any other means that are desirable, useful or necessary to promote the goal;
– establishing and maintaining contacts and cooperating with third parties if and insofar as the Foundation can be useful.
3. The Foundation does not intend to make a profit.
4. The Foundation will not make a payment (s) to its founder (s) and / or to its director (s) and / or to any cooperating party (s) and / or to one or more members of a committee of the Foundation or have any interest in the Foundation
1. The Board of the SOR is charged with the management of the Foundation.
2. There are at least three directors; otherwise, the Board determines the number of directors; if possible, an odd number. The Board of the SOR is formed by:
– E.G. Matser – chairman / director
– J.Brederveld – secretary
– C.P. Berkman – treasurer
The directors of the SOR do not receive any remuneration for their work. Expenses incurred in the context of exercising the management duties are reimbursed, if not excessive. The SOR does not have personnel in its employ.
Financial: The funds of the Foundation consist of:
– what is obtained under an inheritance, bequest or gift;
– contributions in cash of any kind;
– subsidies, interest and other income.
The first annual report will be published on this site no later than April 2017.
ANBI and Cultural ANBI status
The Foundation has received ANBI status on February 17, 2016. It has also been awarded the status of a cultural ANBI. This means that your donations are deductible for income tax as also deductible due to the cultural ANBI status. In addition, it is possible, from 2014, to make a periodic donation for a minimum of five years. You need to have a notarial act, or have an agreement between you and the Foundation. There is no threshold income or maximum deductible amount for this. You can obtain more information from the Tax Authorities and on ANBI.nl.
Our Foundation is registered with the Chamber of Commerce in Rotterdam under the name of “Stichting Schuilplaats Orgelzolders Rotterdam” under
RSIN (tax number) 8560.81.036
Triodos Bank: NL49 TRIO 0390 5138 81
Chamber of Commerce Rotterdam 65362624
In summary, the policy of the SOR is aimed at achieving its objectives, which are
- to maintain an exhibition space and an education centre in the Breeplein Church in Rotterdam,
- to keep the memory of the refuge of three Jewish families in the organ attics of this church during the Second World War alive and
- the acquisition, collection and permanent exhibition of objects, etc., that can support the achievement of these objectives.